Each generation has the obligation of providing the next generation with a Jewish education. This is an obligation Temple Beth El takes seriously. As Jewish educators and parents, we provide our children with a solid and well-rounded Jewish education in order to accomplish several missions:
- To make our children feel pride in being Jewish.
- To give our children the ability, confidence, and understanding to participate in Synagogue services, and to celebrate holidays and other family observances in the home.
- To instill in our children a love and sense of responsibility for Israel — the land, the people, and the entire Jewish community at large.
- To ensure that our children develop fine character traits and a clear understanding of Jewish ethics and morals.
- To generate in our children the interest and curiosity that may stimulate a desire for life-long Jewsih learning, and to assist them in attaining the basic skills required to pursue that desire.
- To enable our children to remain strong links in the chain of Jewish continuity by providing them with enough knowledge of Judaism and the confidence that it is relevant to their lives to withstand the ever-present proselytizing and assimilation pressures in our society.
Temple Beth El’s youth education programs strive to provide a quality, engaging, and experiential Jewish educational program that meets the needs of each child and inspires a dedication to living an active Jewish life.
For more information on our various opportunities for youth at Temple Beth El, including detailed information about each program, calendars, and registration links, follow the appropriate links in the sidebar or below.
Our Limmud program meets Sundays 9:00 am -12:00 pm (Kindergarten-12th Grade) and Wednesdays 4:15 – 6:15 pm(2nd-7th grade).
Our Youth Groups provide an opportunity for youth to connect with each other outside of Limmud with fun activities. It is available for youth not signed up for those programs.
If you are interested in our Pre-K program, visit the Keshet Preschool page.